When developing e-forms for electronic data capture* (EDC), follow the guidelines below. In summary, the guidelines state:
- Forms must use the exact wording of the NACC paper forms
- Forms may not have any local items inserted within a form
- NACC must review and approve your forms before they are used
- Forms must generate a data file matching NACC's submission format
Guidelines and copyright
These guidelines are intended for Centers interested in developing e-forms for electronic data capture — that is, for primary data collection in the clinic. The aim of the requirements is to ensure that Centers develop e-forms that are a faithful replication of NACC’s paper forms, thus maintaining consistency of the data.
* Please note that NACC's involvement is not required for eforms that are used for data entry into a Center's local database.