The Fall ADRC Meeting centered on the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in ADRC research and operations, which was intended to set the stage for increased efforts network-wide to ensure equitable practices and increased representation of the communities we serve. This is a stated priority of the NIA and of our Center members.
The DEI focus of the 2022 Fall ADRC Meeting:
- Understanding the scientific underpinnings of potential racial and ethnic differences in the pathobiology and clinical phenotye of ADRD
- Examining and addressing why some minoritized populations are disproportionately underdiagnosed and affected by ADRD
- Assessing the possible relationship between lifelong social exposures and risk and resilience to ADRD
- Diversifying the ADRC participant pool
- Cultivating a diverse ADRC workforce